[Papyrus-L] (no subject)

John Kiernan jkiernan at uwo.ca
Sat Mar 3 00:08:14 EST 2012

I've been running Papyrus in Win 7 (64-bit) for nearly 2 years in a DosBox window on 2 laptops. See exchanges in this forum, summer 2010. Everything seems to work well. The window (fixed size) is rather small, but it does allow another small non-overlapping window such as a PDF file of a paper that I'm taking notes from.

On a new desktop (Nov 2011) I was able to have 32-bit Windows 7, with which I can run Papyrus without needing DosBox, and also many other 16-bit DOS programs, including WordStar and all sorts of useful command line utilities. 32-bit Win 7 is no slower than the 64-bit version that's compulsory on laptops. Both versions pester you with frequent "important updates" and require you to restart the computer, but the 32 and 64 bit versions of Win 7 boot up much more quickly than XP and Vista.

John Kiernan
Emeritus but still alive
Anatomy & Cell Biology, UWO
London, Canada