[Papyrus-L] Exporting Papyrus Reference numbers to EndNote format

Raisa Deber raisa.deber at utoronto.ca
Sat May 22 14:53:06 EDT 2010

Dear Mike Palmer.
We're doing this successfully with a dataset of over 21,000 references, because we also use the Papyrus reference numbers as unique IDs. I'll ask my assistant, Kan, to provide details on how to ensure the reference numbers go over, plus any other nuances which might have come up. We're also exporting successfully to some other bibliographic management packages, including some for the Mac.
We do this regularly, since I'm still clinging to Papyrus under DOS to enter and modify references and then exporting it, particularly because of the ease of block modifications of keywords, but know we're on borrowed time.
Raisa Deber

On 2010-05-21, at 12:18 PM, Palmer, Mike wrote:

> Dear Papyrus 7.0 users,

> I will need to export my 8800 reference bibliography to EndNote, and for the most part it is easy to figure out how to do it. However, since I use the Papyrus reference numbers as unique ID’s in another database, I must have the reference numbers in EndNote.

> I vaguely remember some discussion about this issue a couple of years ago, but cannot locate it.

> Does anyone have any suggestions or success stories?

> Many thanks,

> --Mike Palmer

Raisa Deber, PhD
Professor, Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
Director, CIHR Team in Community Care and Health Human Resources (www.teamgrant.ca)
Health Sciences Building
155 College Street Suite 425
Toronto, ON M5T 3M6