[Papyrus-L] Exporting Papyrus Reference numbers to EndNote format

Atila Esteban Gosztonyi goszto at gmail.com
Sat May 22 15:10:31 EDT 2010

Puerto Madryn, May 22 2010

Dear Mike and Raisa
I am very glad to hear that the question made by Mike was resolved by
Raisa's people. I came upon that problem a few years ago when I was able to
export my fish data base to endnot but could not preserve the original ID
numbers.
Now I am eagerly waiting for the information Raisa will get from her
assitant. I am also still clinging to the old DOS Papyrus by the same
reasons you do Raise in spite of the borrowed time.
Yours truly

Atila E. Gosztonyi

2010/5/22 Raisa Deber <raisa.deber at utoronto.ca>

> Dear Mike Palmer.

> We're doing this successfully with a dataset of over 21,000 references,

> because we also use the Papyrus reference numbers as unique IDs. I'll ask

> my assistant, Kan, to provide details on how to ensure the reference numbers

> go over, plus any other nuances which might have come up. We're also

> exporting successfully to some other bibliographic management packages,

> including some for the Mac.

> We do this regularly, since I'm still clinging to Papyrus under DOS to

> enter and modify references and then exporting it, particularly because of

> the ease of block modifications of keywords, but know we're on borrowed

> time.

> Raisa Deber

> On 2010-05-21, at 12:18 PM, Palmer, Mike wrote:

> > Dear Papyrus 7.0 users,

> > I will need to export my 8800 reference bibliography to EndNote, and for

> the most part it is easy to figure out how to do it. However, since I use

> the Papyrus reference numbers as unique ID’s in another database, I must

> have the reference numbers in EndNote.

> > I vaguely remember some discussion about this issue a couple of years

> ago, but cannot locate it.

> > Does anyone have any suggestions or success stories?

> > Many thanks,

> > --Mike Palmer

> Raisa Deber, PhD

> Professor, Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation

> Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto

> Director, CIHR Team in Community Care and Health Human Resources (

> www.teamgrant.ca)

> Health Sciences Building

> 155 College Street Suite 425

> Toronto, ON M5T 3M6

> phone: (416) 978-8366

> fax: (416) 978-7350

> e-mail: raisa.deber at utoronto.ca

Atila Esteban Gosztonyi
CENTRO NACIONAL PATAGONICO (CONICET)
Bvd. Brown 2825 (9120 )Puerto Madryn Chubut
Tel 02965 451 024 FAX 02965 451 543
móvil 02965 15 20 70 73