[Papyrus-L] Importing information into Papyrus

Ann Lennarson Greer agreer at uwm.edu
Sat Oct 15 21:27:21 EDT 2005

Hi Raisa,
   I can't do it. The clipboard file shows up in the pap directory but nothing
happens when I paste.  Possibly this is related to the problem I am having
getting citations to paste to the clipboard. I sent a message to the list serve
yesterday and am waiting.

Quoting Raisa Deber <raisa.deber at utoronto.ca>:

> This is probably blindingly obvious, but I just discovered that
> transfers from the clipboard can indeed be two ways.  I'd had no
> problems pasting TO the clipboard to cite in manuscripts, but hadn't
> realized you could also paste FROM the clipboard to Papyrus. So, for
> any of you wanting to import a bit of text into a Papyrus entry, just
> open Notepad, paste the text in (e.g., a title, an abstract), and
> then save as whatever text file you're using for your clipboard (I
> use c:]\pap\cited.txt). and close the file. You can then paste it
> into a field from within Papyrus.  You clearly wouldn't need to do
> this  if you're doing imports with a Papyrus format, but it is very
> handy indeed when you're updating something within a particular entry
> (e.g. the URL for something you got from the web.)
> Cheers - and happy new year to all.
> Raisa
>

> Raisa Deber, PhD
> Professor, Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation
> Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
> Director, M-THAC (From Medicare to Home and Community) Research Unit
> (www.m-thac.org)
> Health Sciences Building
> 155 College Street Suite 425
> Toronto, ON  M5T 3M6
> phone:  (416) 978-8366
> fax:  (416) 978-7350
> e-mail:  raisa.deber at utoronto.ca

Ann Lennarson Greer
Professor of Sociology and Urban Studies
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0413
Office: 1-414-229-6944/4388
Office fax: 1-414-229-4266