[Papyrus-L] Importing information into Papyrus

Raisa Deber raisa.deber at utoronto.ca
Wed Oct 5 18:50:30 EDT 2005

This is probably blindingly obvious, but I just discovered that
transfers from the clipboard can indeed be two ways.  I'd had no
problems pasting TO the clipboard to cite in manuscripts, but hadn't
realized you could also paste FROM the clipboard to Papyrus. So, for
any of you wanting to import a bit of text into a Papyrus entry, just
open Notepad, paste the text in (e.g., a title, an abstract), and
then save as whatever text file you're using for your clipboard (I
use c:]\pap\cited.txt). and close the file. You can then paste it
into a field from within Papyrus.  You clearly wouldn't need to do
this  if you're doing imports with a Papyrus format, but it is very
handy indeed when you're updating something within a particular entry
(e.g. the URL for something you got from the web.)
Cheers - and happy new year to all.
Raisa

Raisa Deber, PhD
Professor, Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation
Faculty of Medicine, University of Toronto
Director, M-THAC (From Medicare to Home and Community) Research Unit
(www.m-thac.org)
Health Sciences Building
155 College Street Suite 425
Toronto, ON  M5T 3M6