[Papyrus-L] Text Extract 'scratch' file problem

Peirce, S.C. scp6 at leicester.ac.uk
Fri Apr 22 13:36:54 EDT 2005

Thanks but it didn't help.
Firstly, I have loaded Papyrus into c:\PAP.
Secondly, I do have rights to create files & folders on the hard drive.
Thirdly, I tried creating a .TXT rather than a .NEW file with Text Extract (although I wasn't sure how that might help).  No difference. I don't know what a 'scratch' file does, other than it looks like an unformatted version of the beginning of the document I'm extracting from. There doesn't seem to be any previous emails about anything like this. I seem to be able to paste citations ok using NotePad, which appears to be the main problem that people have had with XP.

Please, does anyone know why this is happening? I don't want to have to go through my Thesis changing each reference manually. :-(