[Papyrus-L] Text Extract 'scratch' file problem

Peirce, S.C. scp6 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Apr 21 06:08:48 EDT 2005

Hello,

I downloaded the 7.0.17 version a couple of days ago. I assumed that it would overcome the few problems I had been having with the .16 version. Today I tried Text Extract and although the list is generated properly I get an error message saying:

'Unable to open scratch file TXT.TMP
New text file deleted'

The '.new' file does not have the citations updated, they are left in the '%%' format. There is a file created called TXT3.TMP. I tried renaming it to TXT.TMP but that didn't work and another TXT3.TMP was created. I also tried saving the document as a Word 6 version (I'm running Word 2000), but the same thing happened. I retried Papyrus version 16 but got the same error. It had worked previously on an earlier version of the same document when I was using Windows 98, I'm now on Windows XP Professional. Everything is loaded onto the same folder on my C: drive.

I also get a problem at start-up, an error message along the lines of 'Having problems with device D:'. When I press ESC the database starts up fine.

Any ideas? Thanks

Sue