[Papyrus-L] Using Papyrus in a Windows 2000 network

Joan Miquel Vigo jmv at icf.uab.es
Wed Jul 7 06:31:41 EDT 2004

Hi there,
we're using Papyrus in a network environment, using a shared folder in a
Windows 2000 Server domain and Windows 2000 Professional clients. We have
noticed that two different users trying to access at the same time the Papyrus
shared files results in an unexpected crash of one of their computers. Time
ago we used Windows 98 workstations (with the same Windows 2000 Server) and
that problem was controlled by Papyrus, which prompted an error message about
impossible files write protection and changing itself to readonly mode. Does
anyone know what to do or how to configure Papyrus launching to check write
protection under Windows 2000?
Comments welcome. Thanks for advance.

Regards,
Joan Miquel Vigo
Fundació Institut Català de Farmacologia