[Papyrus-L] Papyrus under Partition Magic/Commander etc?

Raisa Deber raisa.deber at utoronto.ca
Sat Nov 8 13:01:22 EST 2003

At 07:21 PM 11/5/2003 -0600, you wrote:

>>Raisa,
>
>       Have you used this trick in XP?   I tried virtually this with an XP
> machine a year ago and it didn't work for me.  I can try it again.

I don't use XP, but a number of my colleagues do.  I think the main issue
is to avoid a file type which Windows thinks is something else.  (I avoid a
.lst, for example, because the registry thinks it belongs to another piece
of software.  And every once in a while, even my .txt files appear to think
they are images!)  So I don't use the default in setting up the Papyrus
text file to use as the clipboard, but instead tell it to use a file in my
Papyrus directory called CITED.TXT.   And I insert it into my word
processing file (whether I'm using WordPerfect or Windows) through the
Insert File process, rather than trying anything more elaborate.  Generally
works.

Where did the problem arise?  Within Papyrus?  Or within the word
processor?  On the face of things, I'm not sure why XP wouldn't allow
Papyrus to write to an ASCII text file, and it would then seem relatively
simple to insert that ASCII file where-ever else you want it to go.  Let me
know if it works, and if it doesn't, where the problem arises.
Raisa