[Papyrus-L] Problem with List function

Dave Goldman dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Tue Sep 2 13:39:51 EDT 2003

>Specifically, the text extract function appears to work, i.e.
>reference numbers are generated in the body of the manuscript; but I
>am unable to open the new file, generated by the List function, that
>includes the references.
>
>I get the following message from Word: "Microsoft Word can't import
>the specified format.  This feature is not currently installed."

The List function creates a file using the WordPerfect 5.0 format.
(This turns out to be a more reliable format than, say, earlier
versions of Microsoft Word.)

All versions of Word include a converter to read WordPerfect files.
However, these days you have to specifically install that converter.
You can do that now, by using your Microsoft Word or Office
installation CD.

--
    Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)

    Research Software Design            The PAPYRUS Bibliography System
    617 SW Hume Street
    Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)     503-796-1368, fax 503-452-8920

    Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
      Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
                  Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/