[Papyrus-L] importing references

Jan Herrmann jan.herrmann at cetacea.de
Mon Oct 7 17:28:15 EDT 2002

Helen,

>sorry to trouble you. I am totally unable to import references into papyrus.
>I've been able to do it in the past but for some reason I can't do it now.
>All I want to do is import from Pub-med (internet version) to papyrus.

Apart from the hint John Rodgers gave you, you should maybe look at
your Pubmed import format.
Do you have the latest version of the Pubmed import format?
At http://www.researchsoftwaredesign.com/Formats7.html it says that
the format was updated 25 Jan 02.

Pubmed has recently introduced a few new fields, which confuse
Papyrus when trying to import with the help of an old format.
Last week I noticed that Pubmed has another bug in the medline
format. There are Carriage Returns missing after some fields. But
this is maybe only an issue with the Mac version of Papyrus (which I
am using) or the Mac way of dealing with text files.
I could solve that issue by the help of search and replace operations
on the downloaded file.

Hope that helps,
Jan
   Jan Herrmann (jan.herrmann at cetacea.de)