[Papyrus-L] Windows XP, Microsoft Office and Papyrus

Jean VACELET jvacelet at com.univ-mrs.fr
Fri Jun 7 03:19:41 EDT 2002

         I recently moved to Windows XP, and following Dave's instructions,
there is no major problem. I found the absence of communication with the
clipboard not very convenient, but the clip.txt works without problem.
         However, there is on thing that I cannot explain and which is
rather annoying. When Papyrus is open, many  operations with Word or Exel,
such as looking at the list of the files in a folder or opening a file, are
very, very slow. The planified file indexation of Windows, which normally
takes a few seconds, needs several minutes and often crashes when Papyrus
is open. I can live with the problem by avoiding to have Papyrus running in
the background and opening it only when necessary, but it is not very
clean. Does anybody experiment such problem ? For sure Dave has an idea ? I
am under Windows XP professional and Office 97
         Thank you