[Papyrus-L] lost references

Robert Blaisdell b-blaisdell at neo.tamu.edu
Thu Jun 6 11:10:22 EDT 2002

Dave,

I have really made a mess of things now. I tried copying the directory
with all my references on to a disc *.bib.  The disc had other files on
it so was pretty full.  When I tried copying them to my new computer
only about 3 files were copied and the drive started making repetitive
noises over and over...  I tried ending the task and eventually shut the
computer down. After I restarted the computer and tried to launch
papyrus I got the message:  ERROR ENCOUNTED WHILE TRING TO READ FROM
FILE #12 hit any key to exit.  Then, "return code 1" comes up and the
program closes.

I tried reinstalling papyrus and that didn't help.  Then after
re-reading instruction for installing under windows 2000 I realized I
had let papyrus make changes to AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONIG.SYS files -
instead of "say bypass these changes" as instructed.

Is there any hope?

Bob