[Papyrus-L] PubMed 2002, version 2

Dave Goldman, Research Software Design dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
Wed Jan 23 03:28:56 EST 2002

After thinking a bit more about the new "FAU" field in PubMed downloads,
I've changed my mind.

The PUBMED 2002 format that I posted a couple of days ago discarded the FAU
lines and accepted the traditional AU lines. So authors will continue to be
imported as, e.g., "Smith,JA".

But on further thought, I think it would be better to import the full name
from the FAU field, as "Smith,Joan A", and discard the abbreviated AU
version.

So in a few minutes I will post a revised PUBMED.FLB library, containing a
revised version of PUBMED 2002 that incorporates this change. (This is the
only change in this revision.)

As before, you can download the latest edition of PUBMED.FLB from
<http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/ftp/pubmed.flb>. To avoid confusion,
I would suggest that you first delete or rename any existing copy of
PUBMED.FLB on your hard drive. I would also suggest that you clear your web
browser's disk cache before attempting the download (or else you might
re-"download" a copy of PUBMED.FLB already sitting in your browser's cache).

-- Dave Goldman (dave at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com)

   Research Software Design            The PAPYRUS Bibliography System
   617 SW Hume Street
   Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)     503-796-1368, fax 503-452-8920

   Technical Support: support at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
     Other Questions: info at ResearchSoftwareDesign.com
                 Web: http://www.ResearchSoftwareDesign.com/