[Papyrus-L] FAU field in PubMed

Victoria Holt Victoria_Holt at health.qld.gov.au
Sun Jan 20 22:33:39 EST 2002

Hi John,

As we use Pubmed all the time, we'd be very grateful for a copy of the executable version of your workaround.

Victoria

Victoria Holt
Nursing and Women's Health Research Centre
3636 2140
NHB 6th floor, Rm 6641

>>> john rodgers <jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu> 20/01/02 03:53 >>>
I have a general workaround that I'll send to anyone who wants it.

 It is a quickbasic program and you can have the executable or the .bas file

it is called, lamely, "pubmed" and what it does is process "Medline" format
output text files from PubMed.

It removes offending lines such as the FAU fields
It flags special words such as "alpha", "kappa" with an inverted question
mark so that you can check and change those in your word processor before
final version

The output has the same name as the input file, and can be read by Papyrus
using the PUBMED format

I've used it for years.  It is a DOS program but anyone person-enough to
handle Papyrus can handle it!  It is also pretty easy to modify for anyone
who knows BASIC.
 -John Rodgers

This e-mail, including any attachments sent with it, is confidential
and for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). This confidentiality
is not waived or lost if you receive it and you are not the intended
recipient(s), or if it is transmitted/ received in error.

Any unauthorised use, alteration, disclosure, distribution or review
of this e-mail is prohibited.  It may be subject to a statutory duty of
confidentiality if it relates to health service matters.

If you are not the intended recipient(s), or if you have received this
e-mail in error, you are asked to immediately notify the sender by
telephone or by return e-mail.  You should also delete this e-mail
message and destroy any hard copies produced.