[Papyrus-L] FAU field in PubMed

john rodgers jrodgers at bcm.tmc.edu
Sat Jan 19 12:53:33 EST 2002

I have a general workaround that I'll send to anyone who wants it.

 It is a quickbasic program and you can have the executable or the .bas file

it is called, lamely, "pubmed" and what it does is process "Medline" format
output text files from PubMed.

It removes offending lines such as the FAU fields
It flags special words such as "alpha", "kappa" with an inverted question
mark so that you can check and change those in your word processor before
final version

The output has the same name as the input file, and can be read by Papyrus
using the PUBMED format

I've used it for years.  It is a DOS program but anyone person-enough to
handle Papyrus can handle it!  It is also pretty easy to modify for anyone
who knows BASIC.
 -John Rodgers

At 10:29 AM 1/19/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I wanted to ask again if anyone has found how to handle this new field.
>
>An obvious, but tedious, work-around is to delete each FAU line with your
word processor before importing.