[Papyrus-L] Papyrus and Win2000

Hugh Gunz hugh.gunz at utoronto.ca
Wed Aug 1 14:56:57 EDT 2001

My experience is like Rene's: other programs slow to a crawl when Papyrus
is running in Win 2000. It gets to be a real nuisance.

Cheers
Hugh Gunz

>I also run under Windows 2000.  I hadn't noticed it, but you're absolutely
>right - task manager is indicating very heavy use of CPU by ntvdm.exe.  At
>the same time, there must be some sort of priority setting, since I'm able
>to use Papyrus with other applications (including e-mail and word
>processing) without particularly noticing what was going on under the hood.
>But I do echo your wishes about the Windows version - if for no other
>reason than being able to read long file names!
>Cheers
>Raisa Deber

Hugh P Gunz
Professor of Organizational Behaviour
Joseph L Rotman School of Management
105 St George Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3E6
Phone: 416-978-1988
Fax:   905-569-4302
E-mail: hugh.gunz at utoronto.ca