AW: [Papyrus-L] Papyrus and Win2000

Hessling, Rene Hessling at biologie.uni-osnabrueck.de
Thu Aug 2 10:03:23 EDT 2001

Dave,

Thanks for your response. The looked at the trick with the "idle
sensitivity" and also played around with some of the memory options. With
the sensitivity set to high everything works out OK with background
applications.... but.... (and I apologize for my continuous nagging...) If
no other application is using the CPU power then Papyrus (or rather
NTVDM.EXE) still takes ALL available CPU power (I wonder what Papyrus is
working on the whole time....).

Now on a desktop PC this is really no big problem, but I'm working on a
laptop and when the CPU and fan is chugging away it really kills the
batteries.

Is there no simple solution to this?

Thanks again...

Rene