[Papyrus-L] Search Direct Format Questions

Dave Goldman, Research Software Design dave at rsd.com
Thu Jun 7 13:56:56 EDT 2001

Bob Simon wrote:

>1.  The code for the Title is T1 (T - followed by the numeral one)  - but
>when I use T1 in the format scheme, the program wants to interpret the 1 as
>indicating Author!!.  Short of modifying my input data to change T1 to
>something like TI, is there a way to get the program to interpret the 1 as
>a character only?

The trick is to place a left curly brace before the "1":

    ...T{1 - 15...

The left curly brace means "treat the next character as a literal
character, rather than interpreting it somehow".

>2. The input data gives the Starting Page (SP) and the Ending Page (EP).
>What is the best way to import the page number data, as there is no Format
>Code for Articles that can seem to handle this.  While I could use the
>starting page number, I hate to throw away the ending page number.

You should indicate the Papyrus format code for "From page#-Thru page#"
(namely, "28") for _both_ the SP and the EP fields. As of Papyrus Version
7.0.16c the result will be what you desire.

-- Dave Goldman (dave at rsd.com)              Research Software Design
   503/796-1368, fax 503-452-8920           617 SW Hume Street
   The PAPYRUS Bibliography System          Portland OR 97219-4458 (U.S.A.)

   Technical Support: support at rsd.com       Other Questions: info at rsd.com
                       WWW Site: http://www.rsd.com/