[Papyrus-L] Search Direct Format Questions

Bob Simon simon at geneseo.edu
Tue Jun 5 09:14:51 EDT 2001

Elsever makes it's journal content available through Science Direct (http://www.sciencedirect.com/).  It is possible to export literature references as a text file in what they call "RIS format (for Reference Manager, ProCite, EndNote).  An example of their output follows:

TY  - JOUR
T1  - The detection of Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli in diagnostic bovine faecal samples using vancomycin-cefixime-cefsulodin blood agar and PCR
JO  - FEMS Microbiology Letters
VL  - 198
IS  - 1
SP  - 17
EP  - 22
PY  - 2001/4/20
AU  - Hornitzky, Michael A.
AU  - Bettelheim, Karl A.
AU  - Djordjevic, Steven P.
UR  - http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/B6T2W-42VV8Y8-4/1/6234d2250e3767959c7656c6d2869753
ER  -

Since I had no response to an earlier request for Import format information, I have constructed my own.  But there are a few problems, and maybe someone with better knowledge of
Import formatting can answer them:

1.  The code for the Title is T1 (T - followed by the numeral one)  - but when I use T1 in the format scheme, the program wants to interpret the 1 as indicating Author!!.  Short of modifying my input data to change T1 to something like TI, is there a way to get the program to interpret the 1 as a character only?

2. The input data gives the Starting Page (SP) and the Ending Page (EP).  What is the best way to import the page number data, as there is no Format Code for Articles that can seem to handle this.  While I could use the starting page number, I hate to throw away the ending page number.

Any help would be appreciated - Thanks

Bob Simon
Dr. Robert D. Simon                                Telephone: 716-245-5279
Department of Biology                                      FAX: 716-245-5007
 SUNY-Geneseo
1 College Circle
Geneseo, New York   14454
U.S.A.