[Papyrus-L] Working in Windows

Hallman, Michael MHallman at sph.uth.tmc.edu
Tue Mar 6 12:11:55 EST 2001

All:

	I presume everybody still using Papyrus on non-MacIntosh systems
has managed to get it to work with some form of Windows.  When I was
pushed from Windows95 to Windows 2000, I only got Papyrus to work after
a list-member kindly provided me with macros both for Word and
WordPerfect; I knew of no macros (or instructions for writing them)
posted anywhere that I could simply download.  Easier accessibility to
such things would certainly help those of us who genuinely like Papyrus
to keep using it despite System Managers who keep pushing us to use
something else.  Since I did not myself write the macros I now use, I
don't feel I can make them generally accessible, but if those who have
written them could get them posted somewhere (at the RSD site?), it
might help keep Papyrus viable in the short run.

	Call me sentimental, but I bought Papyrus at a time when I
couldn't afford other bibliography programs, and it's done everything
I've needed it to do (up until I got Windows 2000 and needed the
macros); I think those who produce good software for a reasonable price
deserve support.  But until I received the macros I needed, it looked
like I would be forced to switch to some other bibliography program.

                                  Michael Hallman