[Papyrus-L] Papyrus: Windows a plea from the heart

Michael.Jobling at UCHSC.edu Michael.Jobling at UCHSC.edu
Mon Mar 5 13:05:17 EST 2001

You're all correct!!
Personally I think WordPerfect is far superior to Word, although I have to
use Word at work I usually just save my WP docs as word files for others to
use.

In the same manner, I like and still use Papyrus even though it is a DOS
program, but agree that there will hardly be any new users until a Windows
version comes out. I haven't used the Mac version.
I am seriously thinking about trying Endnote, mainly just to get around the
inability to cut and paste within references.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
From: Hugh Gunz [mailto:hugh.gunz at utoronto.ca]
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 5:08 AM
To: papyrus-l at rsd.com
Subject: Re: [Papyrus-L] Papyrus: Windows a plea from the heart

I quite agree with both postings. I would really hate to see Papyrus
becoming the WordPerfect of the bibliographic world. I have the greatest
sympathy for Dave and the struggle he faces to keep all user groups happy,
but it's proving virtually impossible these days to convince any colleague
or doctoral student that it's worth learning a DOS-based program. Some kind
of realistic forecast for the date of arrival of the Windows version would
help a very great deal.

Cheers
Hugh Gunz

Hugh P Gunz
Professor of Organizational Behaviour
Joseph L Rotman School of Management
105 St George Street, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 3E6
Phone: 416-978-1988
Fax:   905-569-4302
E-mail: hugh.gunz at utoronto.ca