[Papyrus-L] Functional dinosaur?

Anthony Tolvo cntalucard at worldnet.att.net
Mon Mar 5 14:15:30 EST 2001

I'm a dedicated Papyrus user since 1994, and like others in recent postings,
I am facing an uphill battle against such Windows-based refenrence managers
like End-Note. I have been waiting patiently for Dave to announce a
Windows-based Papyrus, but the message at the web-site has been the same
year after year. Dave, I respect and appreciate your efforts, and your
DOS-based reference manager is exceptional, but I really wonder if a dead
horse is being beaten again and again here, and if you really have the
resources to publish a Windows version. Saying that "we just do't have a
definite date yet..." at this stage of the game quite realistically amounts
to beating around the bush. Please be frank with all of us and tell us what
the problems are, if you have the capability, and if you can get a Windows
version off the ground by the end of this year. Perhaps we could be of some
help in the endeavor. I would, for instance, be glad to sign a petition  to
Microsoft to release any code you might require. With their current
problems, it might be easier to accomplish.

I know you realize that we all must move ahead, and I want Papyrus for
Windows with me. Windows 3.1, 95, 98, 2000, Millenium and now XT make it
progressively more difficult to sustain hope. Please give us all a definite
answer.

Best regards,

Tony Tolvo, Ph.D.