[Papyrus-L] The Last Stand!!

Blackall, Pat BlackaP at prose.dpi.qld.gov.au
Mon Mar 5 03:38:12 EST 2001

Folks

As a dedicated Papyrus user, I am fighting a last ditch stand!!  My
Institute has been a user of Papyrus since I first convinced our Librarian
of the advantages of Papyrus over such competitors as Pro-Cite etc.

Now, a decision has been made a higher level to adopt Endnote.  The major
reason has been Windows compatibility.  I have been trying to show that
Papyrus, despite being a Dos program, does still run reasonable well under
Windows.  I have suffered some technical glitches in trying to set up
Papyrus on the other computers (my own set works perfectly well - but I set
it up some time ago and have forgotten the various steps I took).

My queries

A)	In attempting to do a text extract on a Windows NT computer that
uses Word 97, I keep getting error messages from Papyrus that indicate that
the document is an OLE document and cannot be opened.  What is causing
this??
B)	In attempting to demonstrate use of the citing, I had to set up the
NT clipboard.  This is working OK except that the macro I have written only
works once.  After the initial successful use of the macro, I keep getting a
Virtual Basic error.  I have a memory that I have had this problem in the
past and possibly solved it by unlinking Word as the e-mail editor in
Outlook.
C)	When will there be a Windows version??  If such a version does not
come shortly, there will be few of us Papyrus devotees left!!

Thanks

Pat

Pat Blackall

Pat Blackall
Animal Research Institute
Postal Address - Locked Mail Bag No 4, Moorooka QLD 4105
Street Address - 665 Fairfield Road, Yeerongpilly QLD 4105
Australia
Phone 	+61 7 3362 9498
Fax 	+61 7 3362 9429
E-mail	blackap at dpi.qld.gov.au <mailto:blackap at dpi.qld.gov.au>

(Secretary - Queensland Branch, Australian Society for Microbiology, Inc.)

********************************DISCLAIMER****************************
The information contained in the above e-mail message or messages
(which includes any attachments) is confidential and may be legally
privileged.  It is intended only for the use of the person or entity
to which it is addressed.  If you are not the addressee any form of
disclosure, copying, modification, distribution or any action taken
or omitted in reliance on the information is unauthorised.  Opinions
contained in the message(s) do not necessarily reflect the opinions
of the Queensland Government and its authorities.  If you received
this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and
delete it from your computer system network.