[Papyrus-L] The Last Stand!!

Dirk Peters dp999 at gmx.net
Mon Mar 5 09:30:22 EST 2001

Hi Pat,

regarding your question B ---

> B)	In attempting to demonstrate use of the citing, I had to set up the
> NT clipboard.  This is working OK except that the macro I have written
> only
> works once.  After the initial successful use of the macro, I keep getting
> Virtual Basic error.  I have a memory that I have had this problem in the
> past and possibly solved it by unlinking Word as the e-mail editor in
> Outlook.

I had a similar problem, but my problem was caused by the fact that I had
used the macro recorder to "write" the macro. It recorded a truncated file
name, which meant that after I had opened some other files in Word the macro
wasn't able to find the clip file on my hard disk anymore and returned a running
time error. This problem is easily solved if you edit the macro and specify
the full path name of your clip file (e.g. "c:\pap\clip.txt")in the
appropriate line of the macro (e.g. where it says Selection.InsertFile
FileName:="c:\pap\CLIP.TXT").

And, by the way, yes, we DO need a Windows version of Papyrus. The problem
here deomnstrates nicely that Papyrus does not work "reasonably well under
Windows" (NT/2000). Having to use a macro to paste citations into a Word file
just is ridiculous. I really hate to say this, but I will have to switch to a
different program, too, if no truly Windows (and network) compatible version
will be available soon.

Best,
Dirk