[NHRC-user] NHRC-2 ID

Jeff Otterson jeff at nhrc.net
Mon Jun 9 18:57:26 EDT 2003

Hi,
   The NHRC-2 is not supposed to "beacon".  It is not supposed to ID
without any stimulus.  I think that something may be "tickling" your
repeater, possibly related to the act of turning on the transmitter itself.

   If you unplug the opto-isolator (could be a 4N36) then you will disable
the CAS into the controller.  Try that, and see if the beaconing stops.  If
that cures it, then you will have some detective work ahead of you to try
to find out why the CAS is getting glitched and resetting the ID cycle.

   We have sold thousands of NHRC-2s, and none of our customers are
reporting this behavior, so I expect the problem is somehow related to your
equipment.

   Please write back and tell us how you make out.  We want the controller
to work properly for your application.

   Regards,

   Jeff Otterson
   NHRC LLC