[NHRC-user] NHRC-2 Q & A

Jeff Otterson jeff at nhrc.net
Wed Jun 25 19:38:20 EDT 2003

Hi,

   There has been considerable interest in the NHRC-2 lately, and some
questions have come up that need answering...

   Due to customer demand, we are once again offering assembled and tested
NHRC-2 repeater controllers.  These units come with the regular NHRC
warranty for assembled and tested products.

   Since our NHRC-2 project article appeared in the February, 1997 QST
magazine, we have shipped literally thousands of NHRC-2 kits.

   We are aware of many amateurs worldwide who have built their own NHRC-2s
from scratch, without ever purchasing anything from us, due to economic
conditions, excessive import duty, or what-have-you.

   This has always been our intent for the NHRC-2; that it would be a
simple controller that most amateurs could build them self, and this is one
reason why we released the complete source code for the NHRC-2.  The other
reason is that we felt that as a *project*, the NHRC-2 was incomplete
without the user having access to the source code to learn from or modify
as they saw fit.  The NHRC-2 source code is still freely available.

   All we have asked is that the design and source code not be replicated
on a commercial basis, or sold for personal gain, which has been generally
respected.

  The NHRC-Remote source code is the only other source code available for
any of our products.  This code is available under non-disclosure agreement
only.  The form is on the web site.  Just like the NHRC-2, the NHRC-Remote
source code is available to make the remote into a complete *project* from
which the builder can hopefully learn something...

   Regards,

   Jeff Otterson
   NHRC LLC