[NHRC-user] NHRC-10 puzzlement...

W8DRZ at aol.com W8DRZ at aol.com
Fri Aug 15 20:22:59 EDT 2003

Hi Jeff,
            I had ask about extra CIV commands that would be good
to have on the 746. Without going crazy with every little feature
it would be very nice to turn on and off the Noise Blanker.
It is listed in the 746 Manual as. 16*3/22 with 0 being off, 1 on.
The CIV command is the same for the 706 so I guess you could
try it out if you wanted too.

I have a Courtesy Tone oddity.

After programing the beeps and boops of my choice for items
*71, Zero to 4, when I select the Remote Base "tune mode"
the Courtesy Tone's change to a single short note for both
the main and RB CAS.  The programed Tones return if I exit the
Tune Mode.

This was a bit frustrating after taking a long time to set up
Courtesy Tones for the different RB combinations that made
sense to me.

I actualy ended up with 2 different CT's for the main receiver
in RB/Link mode. (one for receive mode and one for TX mode)
and set the  Remote receiver to silence by programing
tone code 61.

One operational voice item I wish I could change, or perhaps
you could. Is it possible to exchange the word LINK with
REMOTE BASE in the repeater spoken replies.

It would be nice for the controller to say "REMOTE BASE
RECEIVE ON"  instead of LINK etc.

During the recent power outage the NHRC-10 and UHF Repeater
performed flawlessly under emergency battery power for over
7 hours.

Thanks for your time.

Jim Snell - W8DRZ
Vermilion, Ohio