[Coco] Passing of Steve Bjork, Computer Gaming Pioneer and CoCo Developer

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Jan 2 13:05:35 EST 2024

On Jan 2, 2024, at 11:46 AM, Brian Blake via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> Naturally the seller is trying to take advantage of Steve's passing - the
> price is $2500.
>
> https://www.ebay.com/itm/225940661722?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=SuaklRy1RYi&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=wyffTHcOQjq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

This is such a terrible way to find out about some of the stuff he had. I wonder what the switches in the back do?

I had heard about Steve’s Model 3 repack, which we saw in another auction. I had heard in the earliest days he patched EDTASM to do serial I/O so he could use an 80 column terminal to program. I knew he had a PC case repack CoCo 3.

This one appears to have the “Deluxe CoCo” keyboard — either purchased from Radio Shack as a clearance item (I never saw one at my store), but maybe through a Tandy connection.

I wonder if he ever had a Deluxe CoCo.

		— A