[Coco] Sodering Iron

Eric eric at canales.me
Thu Nov 23 15:55:50 EST 2023

My difficulty with soldering when I started was my incorrect usage of flux.

Some experts might be horrified by this advice, but I like to use a liberal
helping on all my surfaces with flux. For me the flux in the solder is not
enough. Remember to make sure to burn off all the flux for proper joining.

The details and cleanliness also matter a great deal. Use leaded solder,
make sure all your surfaces and tip is clean from oxidation. Make sure your
temp is hot enough. Apply your flux as close to when you'll be soldering as
possible.

So the above and failed joins will be a thing of the past. And as you get
experience you'll need less flux.