[Coco] Choosing a Replacement printers

Jeff Teunissen deek at d2dc.net
Thu Jun 22 02:05:16 EDT 2023

On Wed, Jun 21, 2023 at 6:00 PM David B via Coco <coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:

> Just my 2 cents...  I'm a "proud" owner of an HP inkjet, but when/if I need
> another, I'll probably go with Brother.  One guy I follow on rumble is dead
> against HP, and I tend to agree with him.  HP is dead bent on making
> everyone go with subscriptions and I suspect they may be able to make a
> cartridge stop working any time they want to.  I know that my cartridges
> stop working and it shows the cartridge to be about half full.  I, like the
> online guy, don't do much printing and thought the ink might be drying
> out.  He went with a Brother laser printer.

Yep, I'm pretty high on the Brother laser printers because:
1. They support PostScript directly, so work great as a network
printer for Unix-style machines,
2. don't try to make my toner cartridge not work, and
3. even the all-in-one stuff works in Linux _using standard Linux tools_.

Plus the prints look pretty great, as you would expect from any modern printer.