[Coco] Choosing a Replacement printers

David B db388696 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 18:00:09 EDT 2023

Just my 2 cents...  I'm a "proud" owner of an HP inkjet, but when/if I need
another, I'll probably go with Brother.  One guy I follow on rumble is dead
against HP, and I tend to agree with him.  HP is dead bent on making
everyone go with subscriptions and I suspect they may be able to make a
cartridge stop working any time they want to.  I know that my cartridges
stop working and it shows the cartridge to be about half full.  I, like the
online guy, don't do much printing and thought the ink might be drying
out.  He went with a Brother laser printer.  I noticed Wally-World had
Canon all-in one (color, I think) on close-out for $239 a few weeks ago.
Of course, if it's on close-out, maybe being discontinued, refills might
get hard to get.  My printer might be trying to die, anyway.  Our power was
out 4-1/2 days a while back and I began to notice it keeping complaining
that it was having trouble "calling home"  (might have been happening
before outage and I just didn't notice it.  It still works wirelessly so I
dunno what is going on...  I'm not distressed that it can't "call home",
though :) .