[Coco] CoCoFEST! Internet Speed Improvements

johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com johnmarkmelanie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 12:02:19 EDT 2023

Terry,

I think you should give the StarLink a try and do it on the sly. Come up with a Wi-Fi name of "FBI Van for Jenny" PW: 8675309.

Find someway to power it. Like you could have an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) that connects to one of two Portable Battery Power Station/Portable Power Banks. Charge one portable battery power stations while the other is in use.

I see that StarLink only has an upload speed of 10 Mbps. I do not think we can have very much simultaneous two-way conversations with that, but we could stream to a cloud server and have the cloud server serve the video to 70 people at once.

We should do this, so we have a backup plan just in case anything goes wrong.

Also, we need a way to connect ESP32 to telnet. The hotel Wi-Fi may let you connect only after viewing a webpage where you agree to the terms of service, but the EXP32 cannot deal with this. So yes, we need options.

Note1: This is not an official Glenside sanctioned project.
Note2: This project my require private funding. Like: Does anyone have a portable battery power station they can loan?

-John Mark Mobley