[Coco] CoCo 1/2 arrow keys versus CoCo 3 arrow keys

RETRO Innovations go4retro at go4retro.com
Sat Jan 14 14:10:04 EST 2023

On 1/13/2023 8:09 PM, Robert Emery via Coco wrote:
> "Can someone clarify why having all the cursor keys in one place made
> games harder to play?  Most PC games use the "inverted T""
>
> If only Tandy had given us an inverted T instead of the diamond layout that
> is ridiculously awkward to play games with.
> You answered your own question.

I did?  I guess I didn't make the connection that having the down/back
key under the other 3 made the arrangement useless. It's fine if that's
the rationale, it just did not occur to me that having down/back under
up on the left side is OK, but having it under between the left right
keys is awful.

Jim