[Coco] The CoCo Crew Podcast -- Episode 81 is available!

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Tue Mar 1 11:01:39 EST 2022

I have reviewed the host discussion segment in episode 81 multiple
times. I honestly do not find any malfiesence or any sort of
attack, veiled or otherwise.  What I heard was four long-time
CoCoFEST! attendees expressing concerns about a decision which Glenside
made and discussing Glenside's role in the community at large.

The CoCo Crew hosts have at least 50 CoCoFEST! attendances between us
over the years, and between us we have sent hundreds (or thousands) of
dollars through Glenside's coffers. We have every right to possess and
express our opinions on what Glenside is doing, and we will continue
to do so. We remain unlikely to confer with Glenside or to seek
approval from anyone, despite whatever past or current affiliations
we may have with the club. It is disappointing to see any hint of such
expecations, even if that seems to be the zeitgeist today...

We provided a discussion amongst the hosts, not an expose' or even an
editorial. We presented the topic for discussion, opined on the choice
that was made, and explored some of that choice's ramifications as we
see them. We also opined on Glenside's actual purpose and reflected
on some apparent ongoing attempts to expand Glenside's mission. We
even pointed-out that these are not our decisions to make, thereby
reflecting on why one should continue to choose Glenside membership
both now and in the future. There were few if any claims of fact made,
so accusations of "untruths claimed as facts" begs credulity.

I can understand how one in your position can feel compelled to take
criticism of Glenside personally. Nevertheless, we are all entitled
to our opinions. Feedback is a gift, which we all should accept as
gracefully as we can.  Thank you for providing your feedback to us!

John