[Coco] Assembly source code compatibility - EDTASM, RMA, lwasm, etc.

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Tue Jul 5 10:36:02 EDT 2022

I have been playing with 6809 assembly lately, mostly writing things either in Robert Gault's EDTASM6309 (previously I was just using normal EDTASM) or William Astle's lwasm.

As it start working with my old OS-9 source code, compiled using RMA, I have to make changes are needed to make it work with lwasm. This gives me source code that can’t be built locally.

Has anyone made a filter or anything that would allow some level of compatibility between the different tools? I think they all can handle basic EDTASM+ format (for RS-DOS, that is, not OS-9 stuff).

My goal would be to have source code I could work with using modern tools, but still compile natively.

--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware