[Coco] Assembly source code compatibility - EDTASM, RMA, lwasm, etc.

Robert Gault robert.gault at att.net
Tue Jul 5 11:40:02 EDT 2022

There is a reverse route where a single editor can call any of a number of assemblers. Roger Taylor sold RAINBOWIDE and there is a subsequent package. A Windows editor would select whether it was 6809 or 6309 code, at least eight or nine assemblers could be selected, it used several tools to build .dsk images, and MESS could be told to start emulation and run the programs. Even Basic programs could be edited and placed on the .dsk .

Sent from AT&T Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Tue, Jul 5, 2022 at 10:36 AM, Allen Huffman via Coco<coco at maltedmedia.com> wrote:   I have been playing with 6809 assembly lately, mostly writing things either in Robert Gault's EDTASM6309 (previously I was just using normal EDTASM) or William Astle's lwasm.

As it start working with my old OS-9 source code, compiled using RMA, I have to make changes are needed to make it work with lwasm. This gives me source code that can’t be built locally.

Has anyone made a filter or anything that would allow some level of compatibility between the different tools? I think they all can handle basic EDTASM+ format (for RS-DOS, that is, not OS-9 stuff).

My goal would be to have source code I could work with using modern tools, but still compile natively.

--
Allen Huffman - PO Box 7634 - Urbandale IA 50323 - 515-999-0227 (vmail/TXT only)
http://www.subethasoftware.com - https://www.facebook.com/subethasoftware