[Coco] Drivewire on an original Raspberry Pi

Walter Zambotti zambotti at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 31 04:02:32 EST 2022

Bill

I thought I wrote a long explanation and sent it earlier today regarding
how DW4UI.jar works internally with the libs.  Maybe I sent the message
to you rather than the list.

So I will make this a short reply.

Basically DW4UI.jar comes bundled with the SWT GTKjava jar library
inside of it.  When it is run for the first time it installs the
relevant swtgtk.so to the ~/.swt/lib/linux/XarchitectureX directory.

DW4 comes with SWTGTK libs for OSX, Win32, Win64, Linux32, Linux64 and
LinuxArm.

However the LinuxArm library appears incomplete and doesn't specify if
it is 32 or 64 bit.

It specifically requires version 4234 of libswt-gtk-4234.so,
libswt-pi-gtk-4234.so, libswt-awt-gtk-4234.so, libswt-cairo-gtk-4234.so.

If it doesn't find these it automatically installs them to the above
mentioned directory.  On my ARM64 Ubuntu system it was installing the
IntelLinux64 version. Probably because several years ago there was only
one ARM architecture on Linux. Now there are two and it probably doesn't
recognize the newer and different architecture names.

I haven't tried installing it on a PI which is usually 32 bit!

Regards

Walter