[Coco] Drivewire on an original Raspberry Pi

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Sun Jan 30 18:36:01 EST 2022

On Sun, 30 Jan 2022 14:35:47 -0500
Bill Gunshannon <bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Anybody have any success doing this?  I have tried DriveWrie4 which
> dies because of a lack of swt-gtk Libs. (may try doing it UI-less
> but that is less than desirable)  And I can't even begin to understand
> how one gets pyDrivewire to run. (Never used Python before.  Not
> impressed so far!!)
>
> Any kind of useful tutorials for this.  Nothing I have found on the
> web so far has been any help at all.
>
> bill

    I thought that the 'Getting Started' section of
pyDriveWire/docs/The pyDriveWire Manual.html did a good job of
explaining how to start pyDriveWire. No pictures tho. (I used the
'Binary Package' instructions with a 'git clone' of the source.)

Manfred(chrish)$ cd /source/pyDriveWire
Manfred(chrish)$ pyDriveWire --ui-port 6800 --port /dev/ttyUSB0 --speed
115200 /home/chrish/dsk/NOS9_6809_L2_dw.dsk

    Works like a champ on my Linux Box or any of my Pis. Although I
actually put the options into /home/chrish/.pydrivewirerc. Then all I
have to type is: pyDriveWire

Manfred(chrish)$ cat .pydrivewirerc

# pyDrivewire config

#Main Instance
option accept True
option port 65504

option uiPort 6800

[serial]
option port /dev/ttyUSB0
option speed 115200
dw disk insert 0 /home/chrish/dsk/NOS9_6809_L2_dw.dsk

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others
to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.