[Coco] Drivewire on an original Raspberry Pi

Mark D. Overholser marko555.os2 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 30 15:32:17 EST 2022

On 1/30/22 11:35, Bill Gunshannon wrote:

> Anybody have any success doing this?  I have tried DriveWrie4 which
> dies because of a lack of swt-gtk Libs. (may try doing it UI-less
> but that is less than desirable)  And I can't even begin to understand
> how one gets pyDrivewire to run. (Never used Python before.  Not
> impressed so far!!)
>
> Any kind of useful tutorials for this.  Nothing I have found on the
> web so far has been any help at all.
>
> bill

Bill:

Your using a RPi 1??  You will need to Pull the Pieces together, yourself...
Personally I do have a RPi 1, but I would need to locate it and setup
the OS for it again..

PyDriveWire is "still" a Python 2.x Application..

N6IL ( Mikey ) has Pre Packaged PyDriveWire "runtimes" for:
Linux AMD64
MacOS
RPi3
RPi4
Windows AMD64

For a "quick sanity check", If you have one of these Systems, mentioned
above, grab the appropriate Zip File from here, and unzip in a Directory
and Run It..
<https://github.com/n6il/pyDriveWire/releases/tag/v0.5c>

My CoCo 3 sits on a desk with an AMD64, Windows 7 system and a couple
Pi3s and Pi4s..  The Windows 7 system has an USB-to-RS232 Adapter at
COM7.
This is my BAT File to start PyDriveWire on AMD64, Windows 7:
"pyDriveWire.exe --ui-port 6800 --port COM7: --speed 115200 --debug"

The BAT File is in the same Directory as the "pyDriveWire.exe" for AMD64
Windows.  The UI is a Web Server that is running locally on the system
running pyDriveWire.
My Windows 7 system at IPv4 Address 192.168.254.100, so I can paste this
into a Web Browser and see the pyDriveWire Status:
"http://192.168.254.100:6800/"

MarkO