[Coco] Drivewire on an original Raspberry Pi

Christopher R. Hawks chawks at dls.net
Mon Jan 31 11:40:47 EST 2022

On Mon, 31 Jan 2022 17:02:32 +0800
Walter Zambotti <zambotti at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> Bill
>
> I thought I wrote a long explanation and sent it earlier today
> regarding how DW4UI.jar works internally with the libs.  Maybe I sent
> the message to you rather than the list.
>
> So I will make this a short reply.
[...]
> I haven't tried installing it on a PI which is usually 32 bit!
>
> Regards
>
> Walter
>
> On 31/1/22 03:35, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
> >
> > Anybody have any success doing this?  I have tried DriveWrie4 which
> > dies because of a lack of swt-gtk Libs. (may try doing it UI-less
> > but that is less than desirable)  And I can't even begin to
> > understand how one gets pyDrivewire to run. (Never used Python
> > before.  Not impressed so far!!)
> >
> > Any kind of useful tutorials for this.  Nothing I have found on the
> > web so far has been any help at all.
> >
> > bill

Walter:

    Thanks for jogging my memory! The Pi requires 2 java elements to be
installed to use the UI.
sudo apt-get install libswt-gtk-3-java
sudo apt-get install  libswt-cairo-gtk-3-jni

    Thanks to Allen H for originally pointing that out.
https://subethasoftware.com/2015/02/13/introducing-the-cocopilot-drivewire-server/

Christopher R. Hawks
HAWKSoft
--
Sign seen on door:  C  I  T  Y   P  L  A  N  N  ING