[Coco] WANTED: MUSICTRS80 Code and Data

Arthur Flexser flexser at fiu.edu
Thu Oct 15 11:45:01 EDT 2020

I thought you might possibly be mistaken about that article being the first
4-voice sound for the CoCo, since I remembered that when I bought my CoCo,
there was an issue of Color Computer News in the box that had such an
example.  But I looked at issues in the Color Computer Archive, and it was
in the July, 1982 one (I remembered the yellow cover), a few months later
than the one you mention.

https://colorcomputerarchive.com/repo/Documents/Magazines/Color%20Computer%20News/Color%20Computer%20News%20%2310%20-%20July%201982.pdf

It is the article entitled "William Tell", by Garry Howard,  on p16, which
has the source for playing the William Tell Overture in 4 voices.  It may
not have been the first, but the source is quite legible, though you'd have
to be a masochist to type in all the music data by hand.  Might be
scannable, though.  There is no text accompanying the source listing (other
than the comments within it).  This makes me think that the author may have
been using some earlier source code and just contributed his WIlliam Tell
rendering to CCN.  So, perhaps the source is the same as the one you have
the semi-legible copy of?

Art