[Coco] NitrOS9/BASIC09 equivalent SOUND and PLAY Commands

pfitchjr at bellsouth.net pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Sun Mar 1 21:07:10 EST 2020

I was never much for creating music back in the day on my Coco 1 (never had a 2).  When OS9 Lvl 2 came out, I got a Coco 3 and never looked back.  But, at the time, I really didn't notice that Basic09 seemed to be missing SOUND and PLAY commands.  As the CoCo 3 HAS the hardware, I'm a bit surprised that equivalent commands and/or add-ons were never produced.  Or, if they have been, I never caught wind of them.

So do they exist?  I'm looking to use them with Basic09, not shell scripts. And a full featured music package isn't really what I need for my project.