[Coco] NitrOS9/BASIC09 equivalent SOUND and PLAY Commands

Allen Huffman alsplace at pobox.com
Sun Mar 1 21:48:46 EST 2020

On Mar 1, 2020, at 8:27 PM, pfitchjr at bellsouth.net wrote:

> So do they exist?  I'm looking to use them with Basic09, not shell scripts. And a full featured music package isn't really what I need for my project.

OS-9 only had the built in S$Tone command, or whatever it was. It did a single voice, like BASIC. There were wrappers written that could translate PLAY style commands into the appropriate frequency and duration, but it wasn’t built in.

An OS-9 driver that halted IRQs and played multi voice music would certainly be doable, if multitasking was not needed during the music playback.