[Coco] CoCo 1 troubles

Salvador Garcia salvadorgarciav at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 23 12:12:42 EST 2020

 Thanks Rick!

The LED does light up when the cable is inserted upside down as soon as the floppy drive is powered up.

I tried DIR 0 - 3. The drive motor spins with each command, but the LED never lights.

Not part of a set. I bought one drive for the CoCo 1 and used it for a while (~ from 82 to 85) then it went into storage for about 27 years until I unpacked it for last Sunday's virtual reunion. The system was working properly the last time I used it (back in the mid to late 80s).

I am going to clean the edge connector. It could also be the cable, but getting a replacement is going to take a while :-).

Also, my cable has two drive connectors. Is there an issue if I connect the drive to the outermost cable connector?

Thanks! Salvador

PS: I am going to duplicate this thread on Facebook to request feedback from there.