[Coco] pyDriveWire Q

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Wed Apr 29 21:23:17 EDT 2020

On Wednesday 29 April 2020 20:15:59 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Wednesday 29 April 2020 18:13:36 n6il at ocs.net wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 29, 2020 at 03:55:19PM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > Drivewire has died, can't find the RXTX libraries
> > >
> > > So trying to make pyDriveWire run, but there seems to be a total
> > > lack of install and configure hot-to's. recommended to run it with
> > > pypy, which has been installed, but the failure msg is, shall wwe
> > > say, less than helpfull.
> > > gene at coyote:/CoCo/pyDriveWire$ pypy pyDriveWire
> > >   File "pyDriveWire", line 3
> > >     python=$(which pypy)
> > >            ^
> > > SyntaxError: Unknown character
> > > That don't mean jack to me.
> > >

> > > Anybody have a clue where to find this stuff?
> > >
> > > Cheers, Gene Heskett
> > > --
> >
> > Gene, Please try:
> >
> >    ./pyDriveWire
> >
> > Let me know how that goes for you.
>
> instantly:
>
> ERROR: Must supply one of --port, --accept, or --connect or config
> file
>
> usage: pyDriveWire.py [-h] [-s SPEED] [-a] [-c] [-H HOST] [-p PORT]
> [-R] [-x EXPERIMENTAL] [-D CMDPORT] [-U UIPORT] [-C CONFIG] [--daemon]
> [--status] [--stop]
>                       [--pid-file DAEMONPIDFILE] [--log-file
> DAEMONLOGFILE] [--debug] [--version] [--hdbdos] [--offset OFFSET]
> [--noreconnect] [--print-format {pdf,txt}] [--print-dir PRINTDIR |
> --print-prefix PRINTPREFIX | --print-file PRINTFILE] [--print-cmd
> PRINTCMD]
>                       [FILE [FILE ...]]
>
> And of coarse my bash prompt comes back.
Seems like I did do something:

./pyDriveWire --ui-port 6800 --port /dev/ttyUSB1 --speed 2300000
Serial Port: /dev/ttyUSB1 at 2300000, RTS/CTS=False
Server running at localhost:6800...

* pyDriveWire Server v0.5c
*
* Enter commands at the prompt

pyDriveWire>  dir
dw: Invalid command: dir
dw commands: disk server port instance printer config
pyDriveWire>  config
: Invalid command: config
commands: dw tcp AT ui mc telnet help ?

No clue if its actually talking to the coco3 or not.
fired up ff and sent it to http://localhost:6800, looks like its supposed
to, but while I've loaded a .dsk or 2 from the browser screen, I can't
get anything back from the coco3.

But it progress, at least its running. More later.

> > --Mikey
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett
> -Ed Howdershelt (Author)
> If we desire respect for the law, we must first make the law
> respectable. - Louis D. Brandeis

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis