[Coco] pyDriveWire Q

Gene Heskett gheskett at shentel.net
Thu Apr 30 02:10:06 EDT 2020

On Wednesday 29 April 2020 20:56:45 Christopher R. Hawks wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Apr 2020 20:15:59 -0400
>
> Gene Heskett <gheskett at shentel.net> wrote:

> > > Gene, Please try:
> > >
> > >    ./pyDriveWire
> > >
> > > Let me know how that goes for you.
> >
> > instantly:
> >
> > ERROR: Must supply one of --port, --accept, or --connect or config
> > file
> >
> > usage: pyDriveWire.py [-h] [-s SPEED] [-a] [-c] [-H HOST] [-p PORT]
> > [-R] [-x EXPERIMENTAL] [-D CMDPORT] [-U UIPORT] [-C CONFIG]
> >                       [--daemon] [--status] [--stop]
> >                       [--pid-file DAEMONPIDFILE] [--log-file
> > DAEMONLOGFILE] [--debug] [--version] [--hdbdos] [--offset OFFSET]
> >                       [--noreconnect] [--print-format {pdf,txt}]
> >                       [--print-dir PRINTDIR | --print-prefix
> > PRINTPREFIX | --print-file PRINTFILE] [--print-cmd PRINTCMD]
> >                       [FILE [FILE ...]]
> >
> > And of coarse my bash prompt comes back.
> >
> > > --Mikey
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> Gene:
>
>     Assuming /dev/ttyUSB0 is your serial port:
> ./pyDrivewire --port /dev/ttyUSB0 --speed 115200

./pyDriveWire --port /dev/ttyUSB1 --speed 115200

Then from the web gui, mount a .dsk to drive0
upload drive: 0 name: Genes-common.dsk
/tmp/Genes-common.dsk
Opened: disk=0 file=/tmp/Genes-common.dsk stream=False mode=rb+
127.0.0.1 - - [30/Apr/2020
01:13:20] "POST /upload?drive=0&name=Genes-common.dsk HTTP/1.1" 200 -
127.0.0.1 - - [30/Apr/2020 01:13:20] "POST / HTTP/1.1" 200 -
dw disk show

Drive  File
-----  --------------------------------------
0      /tmp/Genes-common.dsk
1      None
2      None
3      None
which is the wrong location, its actually in /opt here, not /tmp and its
actually a 100 megabyte os9 disk image I used for a scratchpad, usually
mounted to /x0 and accessible from the coco's keyboard as /x0.  But its
not actually talking to the coco, zero traffic on the leds of the
usb-serial convertor, even if I reboot the coco3.

Normally the cable traffic is quite obvious, those are see them clear
across the room leds. Humm, unplugged usb cable, dmesg says its USB0
now, stop, restart it on /dev/ttyUSB0.  Looks the same from here, go
down to the coco, still no traffic on the convertor for a dir /x0, says
not ready after a second or so, Unplug the adaptor from the hub, plug it
back in, action logged here in dmesg, so cabling is ok.  Reboot coco, no
traffic at adaptor. Drivewire had a keep alive that blinked them too,
its nothing now. Looks like the coco3 isn't there. mdir lists the dw
stuff like normal. Something aglay in the coco3. I faintly recall having
to diddle the /t1 speed on the coco3, so I guess I'll drag out my scope
and check it tomorrow.  That driver apparently doesn't compensate for
running on a 63c09. Time for more sleep I think.

>     Then you have to issue commands like:
> pyDriveWire> dw disk insert 0
> /home/gene/NOS9_6809_L2_v030300_coco3_.dsk (to mount said disk for
> drive 0)
>

> Christopher R. Hawks
> HAWKSoft
> --
> "The Soviet Union does not exist any more in its present format."
> CCCP:> format CCCP: /u
>        \   ^__^
>
>                ||----w |

Cheers, Gene Heskett