[Coco] Glenside Elections 2020

Terry Steege tsteege at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 10:18:02 EDT 2019

Hello everyone,

First and foremost, I am honored to be a part of the Glenside Club.  What a
great group of people with a common passion.

I got my first CoCo from my parents' Christmas morning 1982.  It like most
of us, changed the direction of my life.  I was born and raised in rural
Wyoming, so I was isolated from any like-minded computer friends.  Contact
with the CoCo community back then for me was reading Hot CoCo, The Rainbow
Magazine and the occasional trip to Radio Shack in Cheyenne, which I worked
at while going to college.  Since then being a single father of three, took
a lot of my time and hobbies had to go on the back burner.  My youngest son
is now in the middle of his third year at the University of Wyoming
studying Computer Science, and my two daughters have blessed me with a
Grandson and Granddaughter.  Now having the time, I have been collecting
and refurbishing any TRS-80 and Tandy computers I can.  The last tidbit
about me is I am currently active with the CoCoTalk! podcast and setting up
my three websites https://retrotechtime.com/,
https://tandydataproducts.com/ and  https://thetandyshack.com/ with the
latter site sponsoring Tandy Assembly this year.

I was nominated for the VP position and I appreciate it very much.  If I
have the honor to serve the club in that capacity, I would become as
involved as possible promoting the club, CoCoFest, and helping to
consolidate the club web sites, making sure we preserve the history of the
past sites as well as the club's history.  Lately, I have been fortunate to
work with Mr. Bob Swoger and Mr. Tony Podraza hosting the "Glenside Splash"
version of the website at https://retrotechtime.com/glensideccc/.  There is
a lot of history in this club, and not just with the club but the members
as well, and I for one would like to engage in preserving that, whether I
hold an office or not.

I have attended most of the meetings this last year and I have to say the
dedication most of the active members have is amazing.  John Mark Mobley
was nominated for VP as well, and with his history and dedication to the
club, I would gladly offer my VP vote to him!

I totally agree with Eric, for one he will make a very fair, humble,
unbiased and great president for our club.  Eric, I know you will have the
club's best interests in mind without any personal agendas or unnecessary
drama. Good luck my friend!

Good luck to all the candidates running this year and feel free to contact
me anytime if I can be of assistance.

Thank you,
Terry