[Coco] Fresh new retro computing article!

farna farna at att.net
Tue May 28 18:36:50 EDT 2019

It's not just the CoCo community. Years ago I took over a car list because a couple people were running users off because they knew it all and had little patience with newcomers.  The guy running it was ready to shut it down, but let me take over. I posted a set of rules and said anyone who was out of line would get booted for a week the first offense, then a month, six months,  year, permanent. Immediate backlash from biggest loud mouth. Let him rant online a couple days and sent him a polite email.  Got threats back, so booted him. Then got lots of threatening emails.  Only he had my government email address. Told him I took copies to legal and they said to keep saving them, if they continued they would take care of it. Nothing else said. I enabled him a few weeks later and sent him a polite email saying so. Never heard anything from the email or on the list. No loss. Whoever runs the Facebook page has to act like an administrator and enforce the rules and block abusers if necessary, end of story. If Stevie IS the page owner, then people will eventually find somewhere else to go... assuming it's that bad. I haven't been on the coco facebook pages and probably won't be... get enough from the list here.Sent from my Galaxy Tab A