[Coco] GemQuest and error

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Sat May 25 17:21:14 EDT 2019

A couple of Floyd’s games got broke between NitrOS-9 2.01 (where they worked fine) and 3.3.0. I will be looking further into this later on. I do know the icon editor SuperIke was broke, too, but discovered that that was because the 3.3.0 from the repository was using the stock GFX2 module by Tandy/Microware, rather than the 1990 upgraded version that Kevin Darling and Kent Meyers releases (which is a subset of the one they did for the Version 3 upgrade). It still has some quirks I am in the process of fixing, and I will release the patched SuperIke once that is done. I am not sure if this is the same issue the Floyd’s games are hitting, but I imagine it is something similar. (Like the syntax of TMODE/XMODE changing also broke some old programs).

L. Curtis Boyle
curtisboyle at sasktel.net

TRS-80 Color Computer Games website
http://www.lcurtisboyle.com/nitros9/coco_game_list.html